IAMNCC is now hiring a VISTA Program Manager for Minnesota.
TITLE: VISTA Program Manager
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 2023
LOCATION: Iowa & Minnesota Campus Compact supports a remote working environment; however, this position includes an office in Minneapolis and candidates are expected to reside in Minnesota. This position will require in-person visits to campus and community partners.
OVERVIEW: The VISTA Program Manager is responsible for supporting our member campuses through the management of the full-year AmeriCorps VISTA program across Iowa and Minnesota. The VISTA program has members serving in higher education institutions and community-based organizations working to alleviate poverty through community-campus partnerships and capacity building.
This position includes oversight of both host site and VISTA member support/development, while ensuring IAMNCC is best leveraging the VISTA program to serve the greater mission of the organization. The Program Manager will lead the work of the VISTA team in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including AmeriCorps, higher education institutions, community-based organizations, and VISTA members.
Additionally, this position will support the organization’s focus on areas of common interest and need across our member campuses and community partners. These currently include student basic needs programs, public policy as it relates to student basic needs, and college student development. The VISTA Program Manager will serve as a resource in connecting members across our network to leverage resources and build the capacity of these programs, as well as ensuring that member campuses and partners understand what the IAMNCC VISTA Program can do to support these efforts.
Related duties include:
- Convening team meetings and directing the work of the VISTA team
- Reviewing and updating assessment systems and reporting processes and compiling reports
- Ensuring compliance with grant requirements and policies
- Evaluating program results and implementing improvements
- Supporting and training members
- Training and communicating with site supervisors and coordinating site visits
- Developing strategies and materials which share the stories of our VISTA program with our network
- Recruiting organizations to serve as AmeriCorps VISTA host sites and individuals to serve in AmeriCorps VISTA positions
- Contributing to writing future grants and seeking additional funding
- Supporting the collaborative efforts and shared operations of a small organization
A successful candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of relevant experience including at least two years of experience in AmeriCorps and/or higher education. Relevant experience may include a combination of employment, internship and/or significant community service in a community-based learning environment, or in the non-profit or public sector.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and comfort with virtual work environments, working on a remote team, and experience with a variety of technology platforms.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time-management skills and careful attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license for frequent in- and out-of-state travel.
- Successful completion of criminal history background checks.
Other valuable qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in a related field such as higher education or nonprofit development.
- Experience with and knowledge of higher education in general and a working knowledge of community-engaged learning and civic engagement in higher education in particular.
- Experience with AmeriCorps grant management, evaluation, and reporting.
- Knowledge of and experience with Minnesota colleges and universities.
- Experience with student basic needs, public policy (particularly as it relates to student basic needs), college student development, and internal/external communications.
- Experience with community organization development, including but not limited to knowledge of capacity building and volunteer engagement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary range between $55,000 and $60,000, commensurate based on experience and cost of living. Eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes free options for medical, dental, and vision plans and a 9% retirement match. Iowa and Minnesota Campus Compact offers a flexible work environment that recognizes and supports the care-giving responsibilities of its employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasional long days around retreats and conferences. Ability to travel cross-state by car. Most days working primarily on a computer in an office.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Riah Coley (the/she), Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing application materials the week of January 9, 2023, but applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Iowa and Minnesota Campus Compact strengthens the capacity of colleges and universities to fulfill the public purposes of higher education through its network of over 50 campuses. This includes educating students through community and civic learning experiences and making an impact in communities through reciprocal partnerships that address community-identified goals. IAMNCC creates partnership opportunities, supports quality programming through professional development, and promotes the importance of the civic mission.